You might want to avoid legal expenses as much as you want to especially if you think you can handle minor cases like a speeding ticket. There are times though that you might just be destroyed in court without the assistance of a lawyer. Here are the top reasons why you should hire a lawyer when involved in a legal dispute:
- The lawyer of the other party will not relax his arguments even when he or she knows that you are not an attorney. They know that it will be an easy win for them, and they might be correct.
- You have a high probability of making mistakes in court. Your lawyer might also make mistakes but you have a higher chance of committing legal boo-boos. The worst picture is you doing something which will just dismiss your case and this can happen with simple things like missing a single deadline.
- You might be thinking that you are saving money but in fact you do not save your hard earned cash in the long run. If you do not push your case well in court, then the decision of the judge will most likely be in favor of your opponent.
- There is a big chance that you will loose. The attorney you will hire might loose too but the chances of you winning by your own confidence and perseverance might just not work out. You have to know the evidence you need to present, the evidences that can be permitted, correlate facts, and other legal matters which might be beyond your skills.
- You do not know the practice in court. You will be able to research what you need to do but it takes years and tons of experience before you can say that you can handle things well in court. The court will not cut some slack because you are not a lawyer, so file the case in the wrong manner and it might just be dropped.